When you click on an icon in the Highlighter Add/Edit column page, the Icon Picker dialog will pop up:
- If you click an icon in the top section, it will close the dialog and update the icon on the page.
- URL: Allows you to add your own custom icon by pasting in its URL. Once you have pasted in the icon’s URL, click the preview image at the bottom to double check the icon URL.
- Restrict to 16 x 16: You can choose to have the custom icon display at the standard 16 by 16 pixels, or at its own default size.
- Clear: Closes the dialog, and clears the icon on the page (sets it to a blank image)
- OK: Closes the dialog, and updates the icon on the page with the custom icon
- Cancel: Closes the dialog
Highlighter includes icons from the FamFamFam Silk icon set.
How do I add more icons to the picker?
The icons shown in the picker are stored under your SharePoint root folder, the path to which is likely to look something like:
%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\IMAGES\Pentalogic\Highlighter\Icons
Icons added here will be shown in the icon picker. The following icon file types will be recognised: