TeamTime - Update data
This page is where you import data from the TeamTime sites into this Overview site. There are 3 web parts on the page:
- The Update web part (top)
- The Team Site List (middle)
- The Update Log (bottom)
The Update web part performs the actual retrieval of data:
The web part tells you which sites' data are going to be imported. This is determined by the Team Site List (see below). The From and To fields allow you to choose the date range to retrieve. Any weeks or months that start in this range will be imported.
You also have the option to import Week or Month data (or both):
- Weeks: Clears all weekly data from the overview site, and imports data for all weeks that start in the date range specified.
- Months: Clears all monthly data from the overview site, and imports data for all months that start in the date range specified.
- Both: Clears all data from the overview site, and imports data for all months and weeks that start in the date range specified.
Week data is used in the Analysis by Week and Reports pages, whereas the Month data is only used in the Analysis by Month page.
Team Site List
The Team Site List displays a list of all known TeamTime sites in the site collection. Initially this will be empty. Click Find to search the site collection for TeamTime sites: The list will be refreshed with the results.
The list displays the following information:
- Title: The title of the TeamTime site. Change this and click Save to change the site's display name in the Overview site.
- URL: A link to the site
- Active: Whether the site's data should be retrieved by the Update web part. Check this to retrieve data, and uncheck it to ignore the site. Click Save to save your changes.
- Updated: When data was last retrieved from the site.
- Version: The version of the TeamTime site. If this is different to the Overview site's version, the site will automatically be disabled and the version will display in red. Click the URL of the site to prompt the upgrade process, then return to the Overview site and click Find to refresh the list.
If there is a difference between the custom column mappings on each site, a message will display warning you of this. Importing Monthly data while there is a difference may lead to inconsistent reports.
The Update Log shows the data updates requested by users:
- Requested: The date and time of the request
- Requested by: The user that made the data update request
- Status: The status of the request
- Team sites: The sites that were included in the data request
- Weeks or Months: The type of data retrieved
- From/To: The date range of the request
- Items: The number of items retrieved by the request